CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, May 8, 2010

neat finds today

I didn't go garage saling or thrift store-ing.  I helped my parents clean out their basement.  I ended up inheriting 5 handmade quilts.  They were made by my grandmother (my dad's mother).  I love quilts so this was quite the score for me.


I already had 5 quilts of my own, not including some toddler quilts so now I have quite a collection of handmade quilts. 


one of my new quilts.  I think Grandma spent many hours on this one.


this is probably one of my favorites although I do love them all


I think Grandma made this one from worn out clothes


O claimed this one.  It is like her....busy.



this one is my favorite but K claimed it right away. I wish I would have gotten a better pic but K already had it on her bed and was sleeping when I snuck in for this pic.  The Roses are gorgeous and hand sewn.  This pic does not do any justice to how beautiful this quilt is.

some of the quilts I already had.

my mom made this one for R for the first Christmas we were married.


my mom made this one for Josh but i have it now.


this one was given to use by a church group after our house burnt down when I was in high school.


This one was given to us by that same church group for the same reason


My mom made this one for me.
~Jess~

0 comments: