CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, May 10, 2010

Monday....ugh!

Had another contractor here to do an estimate for our block grant house rehab project.  Once I get a little more into this process and the work actually starts I want to write an article about the process from start to finish.  It has been quite ordeal.  Not bad just tiresome and a lot of red tape to go through.  Currently we are waiting on the City's attorney to send in our current title to the title company.  After that, they will do a search to make sure we don't have any outstanding liens (besides the mortgage).  I am hoping to start our remodeling with the next month.  We'll see what happens though. 

I cut out a bunch more squares for quilting today.  I should have enough now to do O's quilt and have a start on the one for my youngest neice.  I need to wait to start on her's until she outgrows some more clothes because my brother requested that I use a few favorite outfits in it. 

After thinking about it more, I want to do 5 quilts total.  One for each of my kids, one for my neice, one for me and Rodney and one for my mom for her birthday.  It will be difficult to do all these and I am not going to stress myself out about it.  I am getting a sewing machine from my mom later this week and going to sew when I feel like it.  I am not going to push myself to do it.  I want this to be an enjoying hobby and so far it is.  I tend to throw myself completely into something and burn out quickly and I don't want to do that this time. 

For my first 2 quilts I am doing just a simple patchwork type block quilt from old clothes and leftover fabrics from other projects of my mom's and we'll go from there.  Once I get better at it I would like to do some neat designs or whatever. 


~Jess~

update

I got more fabric for the girls quilts today and got it all cut and have 5 rows of 10 done on O's quilt.  Sewing tommorrow!

0 comments: