CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, November 29, 2009

what is it about a new vacuum....

or other cleaning tool to get me in the mood for cleaning.  I was a cleaning machine today.  I moved the huge couch and vacuumed under that.  OMG!  I need to do that more often.  It was disgusting!  I took the cushions off and vacuumed the entire couch out as well.  yuck!  I used the upholstery attachement and vacuumed off the couch.  I used the crevice tool and went around the baseboards in every room.  I shampooed the carpets and couch as well.  Then I vacuumed the stairs (which weren't bad because I just did them last week) and then moved everything upstairs and vacuumed the kids rooms and hallway as well.  I filled an entire vacuum bag already. 

I know you are not supposed to, but I emptied the bag out and put it back in.  You are supposed to just throw the bag away when it gets full but I am going to try to get a couple uses out of each bag if possible.  Might not always be possible and bags are cheap enough but if it works this time I just might try it.  The bags are small enough that I can just shake them out.  The amount of pet hair in the bag was astounding.  Yuck.  I had just used the old vacuum last night too so I am thinking that thing was not sucking stuff up very well or the pets are just shedding like crazy (or possibly because I hadn't vacuumed under the couch in awhile and that is what filled the bag up so much.  IDK but gross!)

The house feels so much cleaner now.  I still have to clean my room yet but the rest of the house is clean. 

0 comments: