Have your grocery ads been lacking too?
It seems around here the grocery store sales have been a little dull lately. It is nice for me because I can concentrate on using up our stash but on the other hand there are some things we are getting low on. I could really use some pie crusts, cool whip, and soda.
It has been nice though because we are surprising slow at work. I am off the next two days because we are so slow. It is fine by me other than it adds another week or two of payments to my car. I am paid ahead so it is not like I am going to get behind because of the lack of income but it also means I have less to spend on groceries. Thankfully Christmas shopping is done for the most part. I still need to get FIL's gift (making jerky and he wants a big clippers for the yard) and something for our nephew. I have no clue what to get our nephew. We don't go to their house ever and his mom doesn't usually like the clothes I get so I got him a personalized bath towel so far...that's it. I am not sure why his mom doesn't like my taste in clothes. I am a very simple clothes person as you can probably tell from the pics of my dig n save finds. I don't go for all out wild clothes...more subtle, classic items that don't go out of style quickly. I have always gotten their kids NEW gifts from Old Navy, JCP or childrens place. So IDK. I don't give used items to people unless I specifically ask (like my brother-who doesn't mind because he likes everything I get him and he knows I carefully check any used items I would get for him). My girls on the other hand will get gently used items as gifts. Maybe when they are older I will change but IDK.
I wish it wasn't so cold out here. I would love to go out in the yard and clip some more but it is too cold for the girls to be outside.
I have to go out later today and get my tires rotated. Fortunately, I don't drive a whole lot so I do not need to buy new tires this year. I take that back, I drive...alot...but it is mostly in town so my tires don't get a lot of wear. It isn't great for my car, all those short trips but it's not like I can walk the kids the mile to the sitters and then the mile and a half from the sitters to work every morning. I would have to get up so early and get the kids up early and quite honestly...I am too lazy for that...especially in the winter.
We have been discussing what our plans our for next year. We need new doors and we are going to need a new furnace soon. We are debating the merits of just saving our cash and waiting for it to die or replacing it in the spring. I am for replacing it and not having to worry but hubby is more toward playing the waiting game. If we didn't have two young kids I would be more on board with the waiting game but with the kids I don't think waiting is a good idea. He sees my point so unless the furnace dies this winter we will most likely be replacing it in the spring or summer. We have been wanting to re-side our house for the 6 1/2 years we have lived here but every year we have had more pressing issues; one year we did half the roof, the next year we did the other half (our roof is in two sections-the part over the main part of the house and then the part of the kitchen, laundry room and bathroom), we had to put ductwork upstairs and get central air (upstairs got so hot in the summer and got in the winter without it and we couldn't have the kids up there without some sort of climate control), we had to do a new deck because the floor in our old one was bad, Then we had the flooding and layoffs and there was no extra money for a project. This coming year will be the furnace and hopefully the doors and then hopefully in year 8 of living in this house we will finally be able to re-side!
Wednesday, November 4, 2009
is it just me or
Posted by Jess at 8:24 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
I haven't bought a paper in forever because the coupons and ads suck. I just keep an eye when I do my regular shopping and so far it is working just as good.
Post a Comment