Opening day of the 9 day gun deer season is today so my hubby is out with his brothers, uncle and dad doing "the man thing". So far this morning I haven't done much. I perused some more black friday ads here, reorganized the ground beef section of the freezer and made breakfast for the kids.
I reorganized the ground beef section because our local store has it on sale again. I have been trying to keep the section almost full. I have been leaving room for 5 lbs in case I run into a deal at walmart again on the tubed ground beef which I use for jerky since it is too fatty IMO for burgers or casseroles but if I can get it for $1/lb it is perfect for homemade jerky. I bought one 3 lb pack of the sale meat from our local store knowing that I could fit it in the freezer. I have room for 1 more 3 lb pack but I just might skip it. It is not like we need it and the sale runs for 2 weeks this time.
That is one thing I really like about this local store. It runs 2 week ads around holidays. It is nice because I can plan out what I need and get it one week and then not have to worry about it the 2nd week. Less OOP money for groceries that 2nd week.
We are so close to being debt free (besides the mortgage). I am so proud of us.
I was going to wait to give our sitter her bonus but I couldn't. She is having a ton of family over for Thanksgiving so I gave her the $100 bonus we have been saving for on Friday so she could use it for Thanksgiving or whatever. I printed up a note and found a few poems online and printed them out. I put everything in an envelope and wrapped the $100 bill up so she couldn't tell what it was. She cried when she opened it. She said we were too generous. I feel like she totally deserves it though. She has gone through so much with us this year from Hubby's layoff, to my department switch, hours being switched, last minute early start days, last minute work days, last minute days off, calling her for an emergency and having her watch K while I was in the ER with O, and never knowing if I am working 8 hours a day or 4 or 6 or however many. Even some days where I have dropped the kids off and been back to pick them up 15 minutes later because they sent me home. Yeah...she deals with a lot. We pay her hourly so if I don't work, she doesn't watch the kids and doesn't get paid. It is only fair that I give her some sort of compensation for her trouble.
Later on, when the dense fog lifts, the kids and I are heading to Kmart. My brother asked for a deep fryer for Christmas and they have the one I like for him cheaper than Walmart and I get a discount through my employer. I only have a few things left to do for Christmas (a couple items on Black Friday for the kids, making FILs jerky and gift basket, wrapping what we have already, getting something for our nephew, etc.)
Thanksgiving day (since we will be at the inlaws already and they are just a few miles from Kmart and their house is small and I will want to run away after spending an hour there with my BIL and all the kids and the rest of that side of the family except hubby's parents) I am going to Kmart for the fisher price toy deal. B1G1F. Perfect gifts for my little 6 month old neice. I plan on getting 4 toys total. 2 for Christmas and 2 for her Birthday.
Saturday, November 21, 2009
While the man's away doing his manly thing.....
Posted by Jess at 9:01 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Wow! You are so kind and generous! As a former daycare provider, I thank you for giving your sitter a bonus and appreciating her so much!
Post a Comment