CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, June 5, 2010

somewhat thriftily splurged on myself today.

I splurged on myself today. 

You see, I have psorasis on my legs, elbows and scalp.  I have been dealing with it for over 10 years now and I just deal.  It doesn't bother me.  However, the stares when I wear shorts in public do.  They don't bother me so much for me but they do bother me for the kids.  No kid wants their mom to be the "freak mom".  It is so hot in the summer wearing pants all the time.  I wear shorts around home but I won't wear them in public.  Today I bought a couple long summery skirts.  They were on sale for $19 each and I had a coupon for $10 off if you spent $50 so I also got a couple tank tops and a pair of athletic pants for volleyball. 

After I got home from shopping I made an appointment for a haircut and an eyebrow wax.  The wax was $5 if you got a haircut at the same time.  I was in dire need of a hair cut and I have never had my eyebrows waxed.  I always just plucked so this was something new and I LOVE it.  I look so much better and feel much more feminine.  All together today I spent about $80 on myself but it was worth it.  I feel MUCH better about myself.


~Jess~

0 comments: