I am back. I will try to blog more frequently. Things got hectic. R hurt his knee again, the garden produce had to be processed for the freezer and sewing had to be done, R had surgery a couple weeks ago. He is on the mend and life is returning to "normal".
my first post back I am going to blog about menu planning. If you don't know what it is, here is a pretty good article.
I am trying out monthly menu planning. I am different in that I don't follow my menu to a T. I just write out 30 meals on the calendar and cross them off as I make them. It gives me room to make what we are craving that day. It leaves some simple dinners for volleyball league nights, or nights when we have been running all day and I just don't feel like cooking a big meal with lots of ingredients and prep time.
I also mostly just plan the main dish or meat and let the kids pick the veggie or side that day. They like having a say in what we eat and they seem to eat better when it is something they were able to choose. They have to try so many bites (1 bite for each year old they are and usually after a couple bites they decide they like whatever it is) but at least there is one thing at dinner they picked and they will eat.
IF you would like to see any of my recipes, let me know and I will post it. I am going to work on posting these or linking to the ones I copied. If there are any in particular that you would like to see sooner rather than later, let me know and I will get to it ASAP.
My November meal plan is
grilled pork chops (made yesterday)
stuffed shells (made today)
roast
ribs
lasagna rolls
manicotti
steak strips with gravy over egg noodles
hamburger gravy with mashed potatoes
spaghetti and bread sticks
breakfast for dinner (eggs with mushrooms, onion and green pepper, sausage and pancakes)
ham/mashed potatoes/glazed carrots
burgers/sweet potato fries
baked chicken with twice baked potatoes
meatloaf for the kids and I /chili for R
soup and grilled cheeses or grilled ham and cheese sandwiches
au gratin potato and ham casserole
chicken cacciatore
ring bolgna/mac n cheese
grilled steaks
cube steaks and fried potatoes
tater tot casserole (r's 1 night to cook)
tacos
mock beef wellington
caramel french toast with eggs and bacon
blts
chicken nuggets/noodles
sloppy joes
stir fry
hamburger helper
Baby back ribs
I started into December as well.
Swiss steak
grilled brats with potato salad
homemade pizza roll
goulash
BBQ baked chicken
chicken parmesan
pizza hot dish
meatballs in gravy over egg noodles
salisbury steak
country fried steak
baked pork chops in mushroom gravy
BBQ meatballs with mashed potatoes.
chicken and dumplings.
the best part is that there are very few ingredients I will need to buy to make any of these meals.
~Jess~
Tuesday, November 2, 2010
poor neglected blog :(
Posted by Jess at 8:21 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment