First the baby and I went to Walmart to get Older Daughter a gift for her birthday. I already had her gifts bought months ago but she had a couple other smallish requests that I wanted to fulfill.
I ended up spending almost $60. I have a love/hate relationship with Walmart. I got a few things we needed like soda, mac and cheese (we really didn't need more...we had 10 boxes here but I got another 6, Kraft on rollback for 50 cents each.
The mountain dew for hubby was $5.98 and my diet coke was $5.48. I got 2 of each. UGH! I hate spend that much on soda but we take it to work instead of buying it and I don't think either of us could make it through the day without soda. I got a few other things and got older daughter a Tinkerbell feety PJ set, a tinkerbell bubble bath, and a "Hannah Tana" lip gloss set of 3 in a guitar shaped container for $3. She will LOVE that. She loves my makeup and always wants to wear my lipstick. LOL.
After the kids were in bed this evening, I went to our local grocery store to use up a few coupons that were expiring soon and the fill DH's jeep with gas. I had to go to that side of town to do it so I could use my fuel rewards card. We get the discount on up to 15 gallons of gas and my car doesn't even hold 15 from empty so we are best off using the discount on his jeep to get the maximum benefit.
My savings at this store was not too great $11.84 or 43%. But I didn't buy much either. I got;
3 boxes of GM cereal on sale for $2/box had $1 off 3 coupon
2 containers of frosting on sale for $1.50 each had 2 50 cent off 1 coupons
1 box of garlic toast $2.69 had 40 cent/1 coupon Also got 5 cents in fuel rewards so I saved another 75 cents.
3 packs of hotdogs for free were $1.59 per pack. had a $5 gift check for writing to a company about their product.
1 package of cheddarwursts $2.50 sale had 55 cent/1 coupon
Overall not too bad of a day.
Saturday, November 22, 2008
Went shopping today
Posted by Jess at 10:37 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment