CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, August 13, 2010

What I am making today.

I get the pretend maple syrup.  You know the cheap stuff.  I believe it is $1.49 at Aldi.  I dislike the real thing.  Yuck!    Anyway, we are having breakfast for dinner and I am making my own homemade strawberry pancake syrup.

Strawberry syrup recipe

If this works out I plan to make my own syrup from now on.  I will buy the maple flavoring and make my own artificial maple syrup.  It should cost pennies to make and be a bit healthier than the stuff I buy.  My girls would eat waffles and pancakes every day if I would let them so we go through a lot of syrup.



cooking the syrup

I changed the recipe a bit.  I only added 1/2 cup of sugar and add 1/2 package of strawberry flavored jello (mostly for color but a little for sweetness too).  It seemed a bit too thin so I added a 1/4 tsp of cornstarch to 1 tbsp water and stirred it into the syrup mix.  I strained out the leftover strawberry mash and we are putting that over angel food cake for dessert tommorrow!


~Jess~

0 comments: