I am covered in quilts. HA! but seriously, I have one almost done for a friend for Christmas. Just need to tie it.
O's is done and waiting for tying. Matching pillowcase also made...on a whim. The pillowcase matches the back of the quilt
square are cut for K's quilt and mostly cut for the youngest neice's quilt.
Instead of tying the quilts which is probably one of the most relaxing things to do, I decided to "fix" the quilt I picked up yesterday. I had a sheet that was *almost* big enough so I used that for a new back. By new back I mean I just sewed it right onto the quilt, over the old back. There is one corner of the old back that is in good shape so I left that corner exposed. IDK. It seemed like a good idea. Kinda show what the quilt originally looked like. It looks a bit goofy IMO, but this is a HEAVY quilt and will be a good winter quilt for us. I stood on the scale with it and it added 10 lbs to my weight. YIKES! I think it is going to be too heavy for O though. Originally she wanted the quilt but I don't think she will like the bulkiness of it. I think it will be alright. I do NOT do show quality quilts. I do utility quilts. Ones that are meant to be used. They are not perfect but they are made with LOVE...that's what's important..IMHO.
~Jess~



0 comments:
Post a Comment