CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, August 1, 2010

house is done and more

The contractor finished the house on Friday.  Hooray!  Now we started planning for a deck for next spring and rain gutter. 

Today R and I blanched and prepped 36 ears of corn for the freezer.  We also chopped 5 vidalia onions for the freezer and added 2 diced green peppers to our freezer stash of green peppers.  We planned dinners for this week too.

It has been 2 weeks since my surgery and we are finally getting back into the swing of things. 

I started a Christmas present quilt and have a tote Christmas present pieced.  I just need to do some more sewing.  I scored a huge bag of fabric (25 lbs or better) for $6.50 at a local thrift store.  Some of that will become potholders for Christmas gifts, as well as totes and quilt squares.  I have a ton of sewing to do before Christmas!

the next couple of months are winter prep mode around here.  Not only do we do outside winter prep, we also do inside winter prep stuff.  Which is stocking the freezer with the delicious veggies of summer so we can enjoy them in the winter.  We also stock meats and whatever else we feel like (zucchini bread actually freezes really well!). 
~Jess~

0 comments: