CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, May 16, 2011

other happenings

Menards, AKA my favorite store, had wire coated vinyl for 99 cents for 50 feet. I restrung my clotheslines this weekend.

The garden is tilled and almost planted.  I should really listen to my father in law.  He tells me to never plant until Memorial day weekend.  Of course, I didn't listen and we have had cold (freezing!) weather the last couple of nights.  One more night of that and we should be out of it.  UGH!  I have covered all my plants but we will see if they make it or not.  We borrowed my father in law's little 31 CC cultivator to till it. I wouldn't use that to break a lot of new ground for a garden but for my already broke ground garden it was PERFECT.  I did use it to break about 4 new 5 feet by 2 ft sections and 1 small 4 feet by 2 feet section in another spot in the yard.  I expanded the garden slightly because a friend is planting some veggies in my garden this year because she has no space for one.  In the away from the garden section, the kids each planted a pumpkin plant.  I did NOT want them in my garden so the kids planted them across the yard.  O picked a pumpkin plant that is supposed to produce 25-30 lb pumpkins and K picked a mini pumpkin plant.  K named her plant Jack.

I got some lilies and other plants and bulbs on clearance at Walmart the other night.  I planted them over the weekend.

I went to a couple garage sales this weekend.  It was city wide garage sale weekend in my town.  Friday we went to 2 garage sales.  One I bought nothing and the 2nd was my old boss's garage sale.  I got 3-4 shirts, 3-4 pairs of pants and a pair of winter boots all for the girls for $2.85 total.  All name brand stuff.  My favorite thing was this long sleeve Harley Davidson T for O for 25 cents.  Awesome.  Saturday I went garage  saling myself and what a joke. Stuff was sooo expensive. People were insane on what they wanted for jeans with holes in the knee.  $2?!?  Are you Freaking kidding me?!?!



~Jess~

0 comments: