I have had psoriasis since I was 21. It runs in my family on my dad's side so I probably would have inherited it anyway. It started shortly after I crashed my motorcycle. I got staph infection through a bruise on my leg (it was a HUGE bruise) and once that healed I was left with psoriasis. For a long time I saw a nurse practioner who helped me find some herbal help and gave me some prescriptions. The herbal stuff helped with the itchy but didn't clear me. The prescriptions would help somewhat with clearing but I was never fully clear.
I have probably spent thousands of dollars trying to find a remedy for this. People think I am either badly burned, got into poison oak, or I am diseased and they will catch it. Psoriasis is NOT contagious, ask my husband. We have been married almost 8 years and he has yet to "catch" my psoriasis. If anyone were to "be infected" from me, it would be he.
I go in phases looking and trying different things. I was recently in another research phase when I came across an article regarding the use of glycerin to clear psoriasis. I was intrigued. Glycerin had never been recommended to me by any medical staff, even though it is readily available at any pharmacy. It is safe, non toxic, and used in food prep, body lotions, even soap!
I decided to try it. Then I found a site for psoriasis sufferers where others had tried it and their psoriasis was clear! Clear?!?! I haven't had normal skin since before my motorcycle accident, almost 11 years ago. I couldn't imagine being clear! Many things have helped but have never cleared me. The only thing that came close to completely clearing me was being pregnant.
On Thursday April 14th, I started treatment with glycerin. Today is day 5. Since I started treatment, I no longer have flaking, I am not as itchy and the biggest shock of all, I am actually starting to clear!!! I was able to shave my legs without bleeding on Sunday. I haven't been able to do that since I was pregnant with my youngest child who is now 3 1/2.
The next series of pics was taken this weekend. It is after I started treatment. I didn't think to take any before I started so these will have to do for now. I want to post pics once a week or so as I clear. My goal is to have this post for future reference so I can hopefully help other psoriasis sufferers by showing my results.
~Jess~








0 comments:
Post a Comment