CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, July 30, 2009

putting me to the test

The next couple of weeks, and perhaps longer, will be a test for my frugality. R's hours are being cut to 32/week. Currently he is scheduled 40 but they have been sending him home early each week so he has been getting 36 hours or so. Cutting out another 4 hours won't be so bad considering that it will cut out some hours that we need a sitter for. With his current hour cut, it doesn't help out with the babysitting but this way it will help cut out possibly 8 hours depending on what day he is off. Thankfully I have a good stockpile of stuff we need. I do need a few things next week from Walgreens (vitamin shampoo and conditioner is free after RR!).

Today we got new shoes (doesn't help out the thrifty-ness but they were necessary for both R and I). We love Skechers and the outlet had them buy one get the 2nd half off so $68 for 2 pairs of shoes....not exactly thrifty but they were needed.

We stopped at the amish produce stand and got a giant sweet onion and 3 green peppers for $1.50. The kids love fresh green peppers and eat them like apples. A trait inherited from R. We went to our favorite bent and dent and scored!! Not on food stuff though. They had boxes full of tylenol cold liquid and caplets. 50 cents for each package of caples and 50 cents for the bottles of the liquid. IDK why they had them, didn't have a chance to ask. I assume because they are close to date but not expired. They were all still sealed and in date but expire in the next month. No biggie for us. I got a couple boxes of pills and 2 bottles of the liquid. I also picked up some markers for work and a few grocery things for us and for my brother. He is currently unemployed and they are hurting for $$ (who isn't) so if I can help them out $5-$10 here and there I will. I got them some bacon, margarine, and cat food. In a few days I plan to pick them up some diapers from Walgreens on sale. I can't help alot but we have been in that situation and every little bit helps tremendously.

1 comments:

Jenera said...

You're such a pro that I'm sure you'll do fine. We need shoes too and we've been putting it off too long.

I'm so sad we didn't get to meet up :(